Followers

Monday, January 27, 2014

Valentine #1

Valentine for Delilah

This is one of two cards I'll be making for our grandbabies this Valentine Day...and since the girls are to young for candies, they'll also be getting a cute little stuffed animal from Nana and Pap. 

I'll be entering this card in the challenge over at the Cut it up challenge blog.  Their challenge this week is "Through the woods", so anything you want to create that is associated with wood, wood grain, woodland creatures, trees...or anything else that comes to mind, go on over and join in.

For this card I decided to go with another Disney character, simply because I think they're all so cute!
I hope you like it.


 
Dale
 
For this card I used the following cartridge and measurements.  Disney Classics-Dale (pg107), cut at 5 1/2" and heart/layer (pg117), cut at 3/4", 1" and 2".
 
Now for the little extras.  For the embossing I used the Tim Holtz folder "wood grain", I also used Glossy Accent for Dales nose and eyes, inked his lighter color fur and large heart with Martha Stewarts brownstone...and lastly, used a Copic marker to make the initials and heart.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look.  Kathie
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Dale is so cute! How do you know it's not Chip, though? :) I've seen plenty of chipmunks in the woods. They love peanuts!
    The embossing folder is a great choice for this card. Thanks for joining us for our Through the Woods challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evelyn,
    Yep, it's Dale for sure...hahaha! We live in the woods, so we have a lot of these little guys running around all the time, playing, gathering walnuts and the sunflower seeds from our feeders.

    I had fun making this card and look forward to joining in on another of your challenges. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! He is SUPER CUTE!!! You did an AWESOME job! I love The initials on the heat heart:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa...I'm glad you like the card and I appreciate that you took the time to leave such kind words. It really means a lot. Kathie

      Delete
  4. This is TOO darn cute!!! I love it!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! I had a fun time making this card and joining in on the fun over at "Cut it Up"...I'll be sure to join your challenge again. Kathie

      Delete
  5. OMG!! This is so stinkin' cute!! What a great Dale!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Susie! Loved your challenge and look forward to doing more of them with you all soon. Kathie

      Delete