Followers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Art Deco


One of my favorite cartridges

I truly love the Art Deco era...the colors, architecture and fashion of the time is simply beautiful and this cartridge makes it easy to create a project that reflects that splendor.

This card will go into my collection of cards that I will be making with the Art Deco cartridge...my plan is to create card sets that can be given as gifts and for personal use.

Now onto my card!


 
                                     
                                                                          Nude goddess


For this card I used the following cartridges and measurements.  Art Deco-Nude (pg59), cut at 6 3/4",
Card #4 (pg65), cut at 7 1/2" and George and Basic Shapes-rectangle (pg100), cut at 1 1/2", 1 3/4" and 2".

After cutting out the pieces of the nude, I inked the edges with Copper and Pheasant Gold...I then used a textured vellum to give depth to the orb and added Glossy Accents to the top layer of the nude as well as the orb for that little extra something.  To give the figure an authentic look, I created a pedestal to place her on by layering three rectangles together.  I think the added base really does give a complete look.

Once all of my pieces were dry, I assembled the card base and applied the figure...  Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look.  Kathie




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much...this is something I really enjoy doing and I'm so glad you like it. Kathie

    ReplyDelete