Followers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

GO FISH!  CHALLENGE #22-SHAPES

Hello everyone.  First, I just want to say what a wonderful turnout we had over at Go Fish! for our last challenge...you all entered some super creations and it was really fun to look at them all.  A super job was done by everyone!

And now onto our new challenge...are you ready?  Its a SHAPE challenge and youll need to create a project that features either a triangle or circle...or maybe even both.  Its all up to you, so get those creative juices flowing and start creating!  We cant wait to see what you make this time around. 

For my project I went with a baby card and used a quilt pattern called Pinwheel...its just a different take on the Variable Star.  I hope you like it.   Also, dont forget to check out the rest of the Design Teams wonderful creations and most of all, have fun creating!


Baby girl

For this card I used the following cartridge and mearsurement.  Sugar and Spice (lite)-Princess,
cut at 1 inch.

To make the base of the quilt square I cut the dark pink paper at 4 1/2"x 4 1/2" and the light pink  paper at 4 1/4"x 4 1/4"...I then centered and layered the light pink paper on top of the dark pink paper.

For the four individual squares I cut cream colored paper at 2"x 2"...I then selected the patterned paper I wanted to use and cut eight 1"x 1" squares and cut them evenly from point to point.  Once this was done I placed them in the design I had choosen and glued them down with Zig glue and placed a
matching mini brad in the centers.  This was then place onto the larger quilt square that
I had made earlier.

Lastly, I made a title block to place at the top of the card.  The dark pink paper was cut
at 1 1/2"x 4 1/2" and the light pink was cut at 1 1/4"x 4 1/4"...after the papers were layered,
I centered the title and adhered it to the card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look.  Kathie




 

14 comments:

  1. Kathie - I love this card - the colours are wonderful. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karon, thanks for stopping by and having a look...and thanks for the kind comments! Kathie

      Delete
  2. Love the shapes and colours of your card. Looks Great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card Kathie!!! Love those perfect little quilt blocks and the polka dot paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy...I appreciate your sweet comments and I must say, I thought your card was great! Kathie

      Delete
  4. How cool! I love how you used triangles to create pinwheels. What a great idea! Such pretty colors too. Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CARD I love the design The pinwheels sure are pretty and thank you for the inspiration

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana for your wonderful comments... and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and have a look around! Kathie

      Delete
  6. Ps I just became your newest follower I hope you will come visit me.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana for following my blog, glad to have you! Ive been following your blog for a while now and am always amazed at your work...also liked the video on making rosettes. Only problem now...I have to look for the quick drying glue that you used. Kathie

      Delete