Followers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lilypad challenge

To keep busy in between family projects, I've decided to enter another challenge.  This is a color challenge over at Lilypad.inlinkz.com.    If you have'nt visited them before, you might want to stop by and see what they have going on.


I made this card with my youngest daughter in mind (my scrap buddy), because she recently got an Angora rabbit and when I watch her holding him...you can see how gentle she is and how much she loves  him.  Its so sweet...just like this image

                          
                                                                          True love!

For this "step" card I used the following cartridges and measurements.  Kates ABC's-girl #4 (pg58), cut at 4 1/2 inches, flower/icon (pg 28), cut at 1 1/2 inches.  Pooh and Friends-fence/icon (pg 30), cut at 2 1/2 inches, grass/icon (pg 29), cut at 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches and cloud/icon (pg 36) cut at 2 1/2 inches and 3 inches. Flower Shoppe-mum (pg 21), cut at 3/4 inch.

As always, I used my favorite thing...INK and the colors I used were...sky blue, brown and pink geranium.  For her face, hand and feet, I colored white cardstock with the following Copic markers...E00, E01 and R20.   I also added baby pearls to the coat (for buttons) and on the flower in her hat along with some added ribbon for the bow.  Oh, and I cant forget the frosted lace stickles on the butterfly wings and brown velvet flock on the bunny.







16 comments:

  1. This card is so cute, love the step cards myself. Your blog is full of ideas and thanks...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annie for your kind comments on my card and blog...and thank you for following me. I hope youll check back often. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this scene you created! And I love you made it for your daughter!!!So sweet!!

    Thanks for joining us at CCR!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica on your comments on my card...Im glad I found CCR and hope to take part in future challenges. Kathie

      Delete
  4. WOW! love how you put this together. And the scene is just beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us over at ME4Y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you kind comments...This type of card is new to me, so I wasnt sure how it would look when completed, but Im happy! Thanks again, Kathie

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet! You created such a nice scene! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie for the sweet comment...I do hope to join in on more challenges over at Creative Cutter Room...since card making and challenges are still new to me, I figure its a way to help me grow. Kathie

      Delete
  6. awww...soooo pretty!!!! thanks for coming by and celebrating my Birthday give a way on my blog!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely precious! So many delightful little details make this card truly special! I love it! I may have to figure out how to make a step card now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...Im still trying to figure things out too and always looking for new ideas on card types. Kathie

      Delete
  8. I love the colors and the scene you created
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room.
    DT member DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. This is only the second "side step" card that Ive ever made...so I still need a lot practise to get it just right. Kathie

      *I really enjoy CCR and hope to do more challenges in the future

      Delete
  9. Absolutely adorable Kathie!
    I love step cards, and yours is fantastic!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room:)

    Elaine
    CCR DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine for your comments and for following my blog...I plan on setting aside time during the week, so I can take part in more challenges with CCR. This is all new to me, but I had a good time trying. Kathie

      *Ill be sure to stop by and visit your blog later today!

      Delete